Thursday, October 15, 2015

Celebrate LIFE

Today many women across the nation are remembering their 'Heaven Babies'. WAY more of us have experienced loss than any realize.

Sometimes, the loss is simply trying for years to get pregnant, and every month mourning the loss of the possibility. I have been there. The beginning of each month filled with hopeful thoughts, testing, temperature taking and waiting. The end of every month filled with crying and loss. EVERY. MONTH. You try to be happy, but the loss begins to sneak into other areas of your life. THEN, in order to get pregnant, you have to have surgery, take hand fulls of pills daily and give yourself shots 3x a day. You get to go to Dr.'s visits multiple times a week, and you give pints of your blood for testing. Not to mention you get to pay nearly half your yearly salary for the privilege.

Henry is our miracle. He has defied the odds time and time again in his little life. Many do not realize it, but he is a triplet. I often think of the other two babies that get to spend their lives in Heaven. I never got to meet them, but I am confident that I will know them when one day I go there and I get to see them. In today's culture, where killing babies is just another routine thing, people like me who mourn for their losses are the minority. Our feeling of loss is degraded by much of culture and looked on as silly. One would not mourn for a glob of lifeless cells. That is the issue, isn't it?

Today, I celebrate life. Today, I honor my 'Heaven Babies', and those of my friends. ‪

#‎prolife‬ ‪#‎everylifematters‬ ‪#‎pregnancyandinfantloss‬ ‪#‎Oct15‬


~Jess
www.grammysessentials.com

No comments:

Post a Comment