Friday, October 23, 2015

Cleaning With Essential Oils

Cleaning with Essential Oils Keeping your home clean doesn’t mean you have to soak it in toxic chemicals and have it smelling like bleach. I have found that my essential oils are safe, smell much better, and offer a natural and effective alternative to traditional cleaning products. Here are a few of my favorites.

I love, love, love my Thieves® Household Cleaner. It is powerful, safe, natural AND, it smells like Christmas! No harsh chemical smells in this Grammy’s house. When people walk in my home, instead of smelling bleach and fake pine, they will think I am making ͞dog biscuits͟ aka, Peppernuts when in fact, I have been scrubbing my floors.

According to the Young Living Website, the dilution ratios are:
light degreasing 60:1
medium degreasing 30:1
heavy degreasing 15:1
floors 100:1
walls 30:1
upholstery, fabrics, carpet spotting 40:1
carpet 100:1
glass 320:1
pots and pans 100:1
hand cleaner 1:1

In addition, when I diffuse the oil itself, I am purifying the air so my house is clean from top to bottom. Notice: Before cleaning upholstery, fabric, or carpet, perform a spot test in an inconspicuous location. Discontinue use in the unlikely event of staining or skin irritation.

Lemon is another favorite. It will remove icky sticky stuff from just about any surface, including gum from hair. No more squishing the messy peanut butter through the grandkids hair when a piece of rogue gum plants itself on their head. Lemon is also a great degreaser, furniture polish, stain remover and, of course, it also smells like...well, lemon. No harsh chemical smells.

Finally, I want to mention Tea Tree Oil, or Melaleuca Alterfonia. This oil is great as a laundry softener, bathroom cleaner, toilet cleaner, and even as a mold and mildew spray. I use it in my bathroom a lot. I sprinkle a few drops on my countertops, wipe down my door knobs, and even put a couple of drops in my toilet tank. It just makes me feel confident that my bathroom is clean, fresh, and ready for company.

I could go on about the cleaning properties of about a dozen more oils, like Purification, Pine, Clove, Cinnamon and others, but none of us have time for that. This Grammy has much more important things to do like make Peppernuts with her grandsons. For more ideas on how to clean with essential oils, check out this document from a fellow Young Living distributor. It is worth the read. http://tinyurl.com/nwqclup(This automatically downloads a .pdf file.)

Want to read more about essential oils? Check out our website to help you or contact us here.

~Grammy's Essentials Team
www.grammysessentials.com

The information contained in this blog is for educational purposes only and as a guideline for your personal use. It should not be used as a substitution for medical counseling with a health professional. The contributors and authors do not accept responsibility for such use.

No comments:

Post a Comment