Friday, October 23, 2015

Stress, Go AWAY!

I seem to have more DESSERTS than usual lately probably because my life has been a little STRESSED and turned around backwards. That causes so many more issues with my weight and guilt and the vicious cycle just seems to be on Energizer batteries because it just keeps going and going and never stops! Sometimes I want to just scream or take a long Calgon bath...in Hawaii. Unfortunately, screaming will not change where I am in my life right now and Hawaii, well, that’s not going to happen so what are my options?

My first option is prayer and getting into the Word. (read this post from Jess) I stated earlier that screaming will not change where I am in my life right now, however, venting to the One who is in charge can make me a lot less stressed about it. Knowing that I can just get some things off my chest to Him, to cry, to be honest with how I feel without judgement or fear is an amazing release. Knowing that He is still in control of everything and being reminded through His word that He loves me unconditionally is calming and reassuring.

I feel better already, just talking about Him but there are still times when I need that physical touch or release to help me relax and let go of some of the stressors. What about those times when I need that Calgon experience? Well, that is where my oils come in. One of my favorites is called Stress Away and it is named that for good reason. I can put it in my diffuser and the atmosphere in my house will change but what I love is to have a nice hot bath with a Stress Away salt scrub. It is super easy to make and would even make a great gift for those friends who need a little relaxation get-away.

Here is my recipe:
glass jar- wide mouth half pint canning jars work great
1 cup Epsom salt
1/2 cup carrier oil of your choice (Jojoba, Olive, Grapeseed, V-6, Fractionated Coconut)
10-20 drops Stress Away Essential oil

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in jar. Cap tightly and store in a cool dry place. Add more salt or oil to get the consistency you wish. This scrub should last about 6 months. Now that was easy and stress free! Just add a few tablespoons to your hot bath, lay back, breathe deep, and relax. You can also use it as a scrub when you need a little extra exfoliating.

Next time you are stressed and the desserts are calling your name, try it. I can’t tell you all your stressors will disappear and your problems probably won’t go down the drain, but it sure feels great.

Want to read more about essential oils? Check out our website to help you or contact us here.

~Grammy's Essentials Team
www.grammysessentials.com

The information contained in this blog is for educational purposes only and as a guideline for your personal use. It should not be used as a substitution for medical counseling with a health professional. The contributors and authors do not accept responsibility for such use.

No comments:

Post a Comment