Friday, October 23, 2015

DIY Face Wash

If you know me, you know that I am anything but typical. I tend to do things a little different than everyone else. It seems fitting that my skin would even follow that trend. As a child / teenager I got the occasional blemish, but I never struggled with skin issues. Fast forward to my early 20's and out of nowhere, I began to get the face of a teenage boy. Everything that could go wrong with my skin began to happen. I tried many products and all kinds of DIY's to help my skin, but nothing seemed to get past the surface of my skin. It would moisturize or clean, but it also left me greasy or really dry.

I recently did an experiment where I used Grapefruit, Frankensense and Elimi for about a week on my face. Several times a day I would apply one of the three, rotating them out. Every time I would put Frankincense on my under eye bags. Here is the before post, and here is the after post. No, It did not turn me into Cindy Crawford, but you can see an over all improvement in the quality of my skin.

As part of my continuing skin care routine, I am using the moisturiser seen in the after post. It is simply Cetaphill fragrance free moisturiser cream with about 25 drops each of Lavender, Elimi, Frankinsese and Grapefruit. (makes a 4oz jar that lasts a long time. - a little goes a LONG ways) I also continue to use the Peppermint Satin Facial Scrub seen in the after post, but only in the shower. The other times I wash my face, I need something a bit gentler. There are a lot of good options you can get right from Young Living, but I love making my own products. There is something really empowering about using products you have made.

I found this DIY face wash and I'm going to share the recipe with you.

2/3 cup distilled water
1/3 cup Castile Soap
1 tsp Tamanu or Jojoba carrier oil (you can use the carrier oil of your choice. but Jojoba oil is FANTASTIC for your skin)
1/4 tsp Vegetable Glycerin
4-5 drops of Vitamin E
10 drops of Lavender essential oil
10 drops of Chamomile or Melrose essential oil
5 drops of Frankincense essential oil or Elemi essential oil.

Mix all of these in a glass pump bottle (I actually reuse the thieves foaming hand soap bottles) and give it a gentle shake before use as it can separate a bit. I follow it with some toner (see this post) and my DIY Moisturizer (see above) for a complete skin care routine.

As with any new skin care product, it may take several applications to see any results. Keep using the cleanser for about a week before deciding if you like it or not.

Want to read more about essential oils? Check out our website to help you or contact us here.

~Grammy's Essentials Team
www.grammysessentials.com

The information contained in this blog is for educational purposes only and as a guideline for your personal use. It should not be used as a substitution for medical counseling with a health professional. The contributors and authors do not accept responsibility for such use.

No comments:

Post a Comment